Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Beauty So Clean Sanitizing Mist

I bought this Beauty So Clean Cosmetic Sanitizer Mist from Alconeco.com for 25$ a few months ago.

I've used it quite a few times, and so far, I haven't had any major ill effects from using it on my eyeshadows or foundations.  If anything, it does make the powder more 'sticky' and less light/fluffy in application. I believe it could be from the emollient products they have in it.  This does not really bother me, but if having powders stay light and sheer in application is a must, then this may not be a good idea. I am mostly concerned with it for use with eyeshadows, not so much for foundations, so darker colors and more adherence is usually not a problem.

The Ingredients are:

Ethyl Alcohol
Isopropyl Palmitate
Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride
Isopropyl Myristate
C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate

Something to note, is that it gets all over the mirror/edges of the compact, and makes dirty looking water/dried up marks, so if that is bothersome, it would be necessary to wipe the plastic parts of the compact after using to clean those up.

I have a bad habit of tapping my brush off on the mirror, so I don't bother since it's got makeup all over it anyways :)

As to the effectiveness of this product, I never tested it.  I believe that if there is an issue with effectiveness it would be that each spray is such a small dose of alcohol and may not remain in liquid form and in contact with the make up long enough to be effective.  I do question just how effective this spray is at sanitizing the makeup, but it's probably better then nothing.

I do sometimes leave my eyeshadows open face up to a UV sanitizing lamp for about 30 minutes, but UV light does not penetrate the very top surface, while alcohol can soak in.

As for packaging, the atomizer does make a very nice spray as far as atomizers go.  Overall, I'm content with this product, however, I do think that plain alcohol run through my airbrush to lightly soak the top layer of the powder would be just as, if not more effective without the sticky issue.

No comments: